Friday 26 October 2012

"Cobwebs" - flash fiction entry by Robert Fyfe for Spooktoberfest #spooktoberfest

  Jackie @ Bouquet of Books and Dani @ Entertaining Interests wanted to find a way to celebrate the spookiest holiday of the year in style.

And so SPOOKTOBERFEST was born!



Requirements of the story:

Your Flash Fiction piece cannot be any longer than 300 words.
You must use the MANDATORY 5 words listed below…

            cobweb(s)
            jack-o-lantern(s)
            ghost(s)
            cauldron(s)
            razor(s)
Post your Flash Fiction piece any day from Friday Oct 26th thru Monday, Oct. 29th.

Your flash fiction piece can be scary, comical, romantic, or whatever you choose, just be creative!


The winners will be posted on HALLOWEEN! That’s right, Wednesday, Oct. 31st. Jackie and Dani will each choose a winner. That’s right – two winners!

PRIZES: A grab bag and candy. The winners will get the biggest bags we can find of their favorite candy along with some spookified items.

With this in mind, my husband, Robert Fyfe, decided to write a quick poem using all of the required words. Here is his entry:





Cobwebs


Caught in a cage brown with rust
Cobwebs old and full of dust
I sit and hope my life to keep
Not lost to a ghost to moan and weep
A cackle pierces the frosty air
As a wicked joke witches share
Razor sharp fingernails rip like a lion
And tossed into a cauldron made of iron
Plants that poison and lizards newt
Jack-o-lantern and mandrake root
A soup that holds one ingredient short
Actually not for I am caught



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

wonderful post.Never knew this, regards for letting me know.

Dani said...

My first Spooktoberfest poem and I likey!! Thanks for participating!! This was so cute!

Tonja Drecker said...

Love this poem. I'm going to have to stop by again tomorrow just to read it again :)

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Robert, nice to meet you.
Great poem. I'm right there experiencing it.
Nancy

Jackie said...

My first writing endeavor? Poetry in high school. Holds a soft spot in my heart. Good work!

Thanks for participating in our blogfest. :D

dolorah said...

I like it. This has an easy flow.

.......dhole

Unknown said...

Made me giggle with glee! Nice poem.

Yolanda Renée said...

Those damn cauldron's so good for making soup.

Loved this, well done!

Diana said...

Cute and creepy! The best combination for Halloween!

Becky Fyfe said...

I love it when you let me share your poems on this blog, Robert. I've always loved the flow of your poetry.(After all, your poetry is the way you wooed me. ;)